We use Onfido Identity Verification Software through our site. This provides document verification and facial biometrics technology to verify your identity. This helps keep Kid & Coe a safe and secure community. Further information can be found here: https://onfido.com
How and when should I verify my identity on the site?
When you sign up to the site, you will see the ID verification pop up appear, asking you to verify your identity. (This is not compulsory at the sign up stage). If you submit a booking request and you are not yet verified, you will need to go through the verification flow in order to submit your request to the host.
There are 2 options available:
1. Verifying via a Desktop: If you are signing up, logging in or submitting a booking request via a desktop/laptop, you can either upload documents directly from your desktop or use your desktop camera to take a photograph of your documentation. You will need your camera enabled to take a selfie in order to submit the information required for ID verification.
You will also be given the option to photograph your documents and take a selfie directly from your phone by clicking 'Need to use your mobile to take photos' and following the on screen prompts.
2. Verify via a mobile device: If you are signing up, logging in or submitting a booking request via a mobile device, you will be asked to take a photo of your documentation and also to take a selfie.
You can see if you are verified by logging in and clicking 'Dashboard> Your Profile'. A blue tick rosette - Verified User' means you are verified, and yellow hazard triangle - 'Verify Your Account' means you will need to verify your account in order to submit a booking request.
NOTE: Onfido recommends taking live photos over uploading documents for successful verifications.
ID Verification Best Practices
Here are some tips for successfully verifying you identity on the site:
- Document photo best practices:
- Take the photo on a flat surface with natural lighting
- Ensure all text is legible on the document
- Do not obscure any text
- Limit glare / blur on the photo
- Facial Similarity:
- Ensure only your face is in the frame
- Do not blink in the photo
- Do not cover any portion of your face
The following documents are supported: https://onfido.com/supported-documents/
If you have any problems uploading your documentation or verifying your identity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org